BTOSC – Affordable sailing for beginners and experienced sailors alike
We are a long-established sailing club:
- We are always on the look out for new members
- Everyone welcome – 18 to 80 !
- We organise a programme of sailing events
- We communicate with our membership by email
- The majority of our events start and finish in the Solent and we organise cruises elsewhere too
- Our Approved Skippers are all experienced RYA qualified Yachtmaster Offshore or Yachtmaster Coastal skippers
- We charter whatever yachts we need so you get to sail on a variety of modern yachts
To find out more about BTOSC and our Sailing Programme explore the menu at the top of the page. If you are interested in joining us please get in touch with our Membership Sec or any member of the committee through email, linkedIn our facebook group or use our Call button to request a call back. When requested enter your Telephone number followed by Your Name and we will call you back.
Current Status. We held our AGM on 15 May. The first sailing event was an extended Skippers Refresher event in June and whilst waiting for restrictions to be lifted some of our members have got together for private charters within the ‘rules’.
We have a sailing programme for the rest of 2021. The first such event will be Weekend 6-8 August. The second will be our annual BBQ weekend Cruise 17-19 September. We are also considering adding other events subject to demand.
Note that for the BBQ Weekend and for the Xmas Jolly, at least one yacht will have one or two additional days on the water.
Our first events of the year will be:
Page Updated 29 JUL 2021
The benefits of BTOSC membership are:-
- A varied programme of events every year
- Cruising, racing and training events at a sensible price
- A non-profit organization with low overheads
- The club underwrites the security deposit for charters for club events
- Opportunities for aspiring skippers to become Club Skippers
- Members may also be able to benefit from discounts provided by charter companies we deal with
- We have a website available to all and occasional newsletters to members
- We offer the members the opportunity to organise club events
- Increase the network of other sailors they have access to
Did you know that you can subscribe to the Calendar on this website. The Calendar is linked to the Events database so by subscribing you will receive updates when any changes are made to forthcoming events.
If you have a Google account then:
To subscribe or receiving these emails, you will need to log in to https://www.google.com/calendar/
The calendar that you need to subscribe using Google Calendar or even MS Outlook is:
Two of our members : Nigel Watsham (our Chairman) and Mike Griffiths (our Secretary) are now sailing the Atlantic from Gran Canaria to St Lucia. this is a screenshot showing progress so far. Their boat is the most northerly one towards the centre of the image (outlined in white).
To find out more about their adventure, follow their progress or support their causes please see the article Nigel and Mike sail the Atlantic. In fact it is probably a great time for us all to take stock and consider what we all want to do sailing-wise in the year ahead.
Remember that if there is something particular that you would like to do, or an event that you would like the club to do differently, then please let the committee know either in person or through the BTOSC mailbox.
If you have not visited the BTOSC website site before please refer to the contents list on the right of this page starting with About the BTOSC. You can also register for our mailing list.
The committee is currently working on the Sailing Programme for next year. which will contain a mix of the old favourites and some new events. As a sample of what is coming up the Continue reading Sailing the Atlantic (2014)
An announcement from the Chairman regarding Club Skippers… Continue reading BTOSC Club Announcement